Monday 16 February 2009

Application

Dammweg 39
6833 Klaus
Mr. Seth Smith
SS Company
39 Delaware Road
Hatfield, CA 08065
(909) 555-5555
12th February 2009


Dear Mr. Seth Smith,


Application for the architect position

I’m writing to apply for the architect position advertised in the New York Times. I’m particularly interested in this job, because I have studied architecture at Vienna University for three years and subsequently interior decoration for tow years. So I feel well prepared for the advertised position. Furthermore I have practical experience teaching architecture at Zürich University where I worked as an assistant teacher for four terms. However, I want to be an architect and not a teacher. Therefore I’m looking for a challenging architecture job.
The following points illustrate that I have the substantial skills and experience for success in this position:

• From 2006 to 2008 I was the manager of an architecture club.
• Before that I worked for a little architecture office.
• Since December I have had my own apartment, whose interior I have designed myself. And an architect critic has praised me.

I’m especially interested in this vacancy and I’m convinced that I have the education and skills it requires.

I can be reached anytime via my mobile phone, 222-222-2222.
I look forward to discussing my application with you personally.

Sincerely,
Angela Duelli


Ca. 215 words

No comments: